Filed under: Plastics/BPA
Of course, when I listed out all of the plastics in my house, I excluded a large number of plastics – those that are hidden. Hidden plastic is nearly everywhere and difficult to avoid. Some of this plastic, in my house, I’m not worried about. More on that later.
So, where is hidden plastic lurking?
- The waterproof coating on cardboard beverage containers (or any other cardboard food container, such as ice cream tubs, Chinese take-out containers, etc.). Our family does not drink cow’s milk; we drink soy, rice, or almond milk. That milk comes in plasticized containers. Yuk. The solution to animal milks and juices is to buy your drinks in glass containers. There are several brands of milk and juice available in glass bottles. The solution with nut milks would be to make your own.
- Many paper cups and plates have been treated with a plastic layer to make them waterproof. Obviously, the solution here is to use glass, ceramic, or metal.
- Canned food and soda. Surprised? The insides of cans are sometimes coated with plastic. (This site has a list of which ones do and don’t have Plastic/BPA)
- Furniture. Many pieces of furniture contain PVC.
- Cars. Holy moly, look around the inside of your car!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment